I'm not sure if you guys have noticed yet or not, but I almost never wear tight tops. I live in oversized sweaters and tees! I got this one from Zara (it's now on sale!) and it's been a staple in my closet because of the neutral color and how comfy and warm it is. I bought it in yellow as well for when I want to get a little funkier. I paired it with my Chanel booties (which I've found to be so versatile as far as being able to dress up or down,) frayed jeans also from Zara (and also now on sale!) and my black Valentino bag. Sunnies are by Ray-Ban.
I'm currently in New York City and having the best time ever! I'm working on a post with all of my favorite spots for you guys, so stay tuned on that. I got to shoot this look right before I left and considering half my wardrobe is striped, I figured it was time to incorporate some of that into an outfit post! So here goes..
I was lucky to be born with a naturally full pout, but there are times where I want a little extra volume. Read on to find out how I do it sans-injections or lip plumpers.
You've all heard of contouring your face before, but have you ever thought to contour your lips? All you need is two shades of lip liner - a darker one and a lighter shade.
- Fill your lips in with the lighter color.
- Go ahead and line your lips with the darker shade, and start going down towards the middle just a little bit while softening your touch so that the color blends in to the lighter shade seamlessly. (If you want even more dramatic results, feel free to over line just a tad, but don't go crazy!)
- Bring the darker shade through the center line of your lips (from your cupid's bow down,) again blending so that there is not a stark line.
When I want to keep it soft and natural, I'll pick two shades that aren't too intensely contrasting, and finish it off with some shiny clear lip balm.
Hope everyone's doing great! Things have been really busy for me but in a good way. I'm not sure how many of you know this but I'm a graphic designer full time on top of blogging and I've been really busy gearing up for the holidays. I also recently took up painting as a hobby and it's been SO much fun. Anyways, here is a new fall outfit post. It's still been relatively warm in LA which is nice, so I got to wear one of my favorite pairs of platform sandals. Let me know your thoughts! xo
Hope everyone is doing great! I wanted to take a post to talk about something different today, something that's immeasurably important- giving back.
Recently a 31 year old father of three named Adam was diagnosed with a rare and agressive form of leukemia. He has been undergoing chemo to help buy him more time, but his only chance for survival is a bone marrow transplant. Although there are millions of people in the international registry, Adam has not been able to find a match amongst them. So, there has been a massive movement to get people all over the world into the bone marrow registry so Adam and many others like him, can have a fighting chance at life.
For the his childrens' sake, for his wife's sake, for his parent's sake, for his sake, for the sake of being a good person, for the sake of saving a life, PLEASE consider registering ASAP. I hae registered myself so I can tell you from personal experience that it is the easiest thing in the world. It literally takes a total of 5 minutes. You just fill out a few questions and swab the inside of your cheek with a q-tip and you are good to go! If you are a match, all it takes is a specialized blood donation to save a life. There are a list of drives here but if you can't make one or there isn't one nearby head to www.giftoflife.org/hope4adam to order a kit to your home.
Thank you all so much for your amazing kindness and love! Let's find Adam a match!
Hi everyone! Hope you've all been doing well. It's been a while since I've done a full outfit post but I'm excited to share this one with you! As you might already know if you've been following me for a while, I love my denim everything.... overalls, tops and obviously pants. For this look, I decided to wear my new clutch that I am in LOVE with. It's tiled up with tiny white squares and gold studs and made out of iron. I don't think I've ever owned a metal bag before but I'm sold.
You can shop my look below. The top I'm wearing is sold out so I linked some alternate options. Also, for somer reason the bag is showing up in a different color, but if you click on it you can order the black and white one I have. Let me know if you have any issues or you want me to link more options at different price points :) xo
Christian Louboutin Follies Fishnet Red Sole Pump, Black/Multi
Sam Edelman Thana Metal Saddle Crossbody
Bella Dahl Frayed Hem Split Back Shirt
SJYP Two-Tone Denim Shirt
Fire Raw Edge Shirt Jacket
Drybar 'Prep Rally' Prime & Prep Detangler
Drybar 'Triple Sec' 3-in-1 Texturizer
Hey everyone! Hope you all had an awesome Labor Day weekend! I decided to post some of my favorite day-to-day looks from Instagram that I didn't get to feature on the blog as their own posts. I'm sorry it's been a while since I've done full outfit posts on the website. Things have been super busy (but also exciting!) but I am working on catching up with a shoot this weekend and I will get new looks up ASAP.
One of the hottest fall trends this year is velvet, and you can find it everywhere, and in every category from head to toe! It's so beautiful, classy and luxurious and is a must-have in every girl's wardrobe this season. Go ahead and stock up. You can never have enough velvet!
I had the chance to meet up with pro makeup artist Emilia of The Artful Eye and she gave me some really sweet tips that I had to share with you guys. Here they are straight from the guru herself:
- Primer is a must have! It really makes your makeup stay put all day, especially right now during these hot summer days. My favorite one is Hourglass Veil Mineral primer. It smooths out pores. It also gives your skin a nice glow, even with a matte foundation.
- A great hack for getting a little more life out of mascara that's drying out: Dampen the applicator brush with water by running it under the faucet in one swift motion (do not soak the brush) and put it back inside, going in and out a few times, and that will loosen up the product.
- Some concealers tend to be dry. To soften and make it more manageable, I like to apply the concealer directly to my face and then place a drop of my liquid foundation on a brush, and blend right on my skin. A beauty blender works great too.
- Foundation can sometimes feel too heavy during summer months. For a lighter, more dewey look, use the top of your hand as your palette and apply your stick foundation directly on your hand. Add a drop or two of primer or moisturizer, blend and apply to your face with a brush. Add a little blush or bronzer and you're set!
- To perfect a cat eye, always remember to tightline, which is to apply a black liner on the inside rim of your upper eyelid. Try it and you'll see what a difference it makes!
- A quick and easy fix for those mascara or liquid eyeliner mess ups: Using a q-tip with a drop of primer, you can erase away any mistake. This trick will not remove your foundation like eye makeup remover does.
I posted these babies on my Instagram a while ago and got a a ton of requests on how to get them. I had bought them in stores and at the time they were not available online sadly. Good news now though.... I finally found them here on the Topshop website.
I was lucky enough to spend the last few weeks in Tel Aviv and I had the best time EVER. It is such a beautiful city filled with beautiful beaches, amazing restaurants and a great nightlife. I wanted to share some of my favorite places with you!
Favorite shopping: Walking in and out of the boutiques on Dizengoff Street
Favorite casual bite: Vitrina - Ibn Gabirol St 54
Favorite cafe: Xoho - 17 Gordon
Favorite street food: Arepa's - HaCarmel St 38
Favorite fine dining: Sheila - Ben Yehuda 182
Favorite boutique hotel: The Norman - Nakhmani St 25
Favorite neighborhood: Neve Tzedek
Favorite rooftop spots: Dinings (on the roof of The Norman) and Suramare - Se'Adya Ga'on 24
I absolutely love this trick on how to make your ponytail look longer and prettier using your own natural hair! It's so easy and makes the biggest difference, as you can see in the before and after. All you have to do is gather your hair into a half up, starting with the hair at the top corner of your ears. Then, pull hair from around both sides of the bottom hairline up and around the center of your hair to meet your half-up and secure with an elastic, leaving the middle section to flow down loosely. This will extend the length of your ponytail by a few inches without any need for extensions.
For those of you who requested, a video of how to do my long ponytail trick 💕 First, pull your hair into a half up starting just above your ears. Then grab thin sections around the bottom sides of your hair line and pull them around into your half up. Leave the middle section to flow down loosely and you're good to go!