I'm currently in New York City and having the best time ever! I'm working on a post with all of my favorite spots for you guys, so stay tuned on that. I got to shoot this look right before I left and considering half my wardrobe is striped, I figured it was time to incorporate some of that into an outfit post! So here goes..
Hope everyone's doing great! Things have been really busy for me but in a good way. I'm not sure how many of you know this but I'm a graphic designer full time on top of blogging and I've been really busy gearing up for the holidays. I also recently took up painting as a hobby and it's been SO much fun. Anyways, here is a new fall outfit post. It's still been relatively warm in LA which is nice, so I got to wear one of my favorite pairs of platform sandals. Let me know your thoughts! xo
I posted these babies on my Instagram a while ago and got a a ton of requests on how to get them. I had bought them in stores and at the time they were not available online sadly. Good news now though.... I finally found them here on the Topshop website.
We all know how rough a night (or day) on the town can be when you're wearing high heels. Here are some of my favorite tricks on how to save your feet from the suffering.
- Go shopping a the end of the day. Your feet will be a bit more swollen from all the walking etc. and you can make sure that you're getting a pair that will fit well even when your feet are at their biggest / you can have a better idea of their true comfort level.
- At-home shoe stretch. When you first buy a pair of shoes, try wearing them around the house with a pair of socks on. Although you will look ridiculous, this will help you break them in faster- and you are in the comfort of your own home anyways, so no one has to know!
- Tape your toes. This trick works wonders to alleviate pressure on the balls of your feet. This has to do with a nerve that runs between your third and fourth toe and can cause a ton of pain when there is pressure on it. All you have to do is tape your middle toe to your "ring finger" toe using medical tape. I like to use a nude one if my shoes are see open or see-through (like my mesh Louboutins pictured above.)
- Cushion for comfort. Try using gel insoles on the balls of your feet like Dr. Scholl's DreamWalk For Her High Heel Insoles.
- Numb them up. I just discovered a product called Sole Serum. OMG. Why did I not know about this stuff earlier? It's a blend of lidocaine and natural ingredients that works for about two hours and kills the pain. You just rub a couple pumps on your feet and wait for it to dry (about a minute) then you're good to go!
I really hope these tips help you out! Are there any I missed? Would love to hear more if you guys know of any. Please let me know!
I love that 90's fashion is coming back in! I'm so happy I get to wear chokers again and of course, overalls. They look super cute with a white tee, striped tee or even a white button down. They are also versatile enough to style with sandals, chucks or bright pumps, like I did here. The possibilities are endless!
GET THE LOOK!
The weather really heated up in LA this past weekend so I was really excited to shoot an outfit in my cutoffs. I decided to pair the shorts with everything red and I thought the result was really fun! Using multiple shades of a single color throughout your outfit can be a great way to keep it cohesive yet also far from boring. Give it a try and tag your instagrams with #melronnie so I can see all of the beautiful outfits you've styled!
Sunnies - Toms Traveler Florentin Matte.
Top - Zara Boatneck Blouse.
Clutch - Prada.
Heels - Topshop Rocco Embroidered Sandals. (I bought mine in-store and I only see the black ones online. I'll keep you posted if I find the white on their website, but in the meanwhile check at the store!)
I really love the denim pumps that I've been seeing everywhere and thought I would share some of my favorite options with you! I made sure to include pairs that would fit any budget from small to big. Which ones are your favorites? (See below for links!)
ASOS Platinum Pointed High Heels ($64.38)
Go Jane Mad Splatter Denim Pumps ($27.02)
Gianvito Rossi Denim Pumps ($670)
Akira Denim Pumps ($36.90)
Jimmy Choo Abel Denim Pumps ($595)