We all know how rough a night (or day) on the town can be when you're wearing high heels. Here are some of my favorite tricks on how to save your feet from the suffering.
- Go shopping a the end of the day. Your feet will be a bit more swollen from all the walking etc. and you can make sure that you're getting a pair that will fit well even when your feet are at their biggest / you can have a better idea of their true comfort level.
- At-home shoe stretch. When you first buy a pair of shoes, try wearing them around the house with a pair of socks on. Although you will look ridiculous, this will help you break them in faster- and you are in the comfort of your own home anyways, so no one has to know!
- Tape your toes. This trick works wonders to alleviate pressure on the balls of your feet. This has to do with a nerve that runs between your third and fourth toe and can cause a ton of pain when there is pressure on it. All you have to do is tape your middle toe to your "ring finger" toe using medical tape. I like to use a nude one if my shoes are see open or see-through (like my mesh Louboutins pictured above.)
- Cushion for comfort. Try using gel insoles on the balls of your feet like Dr. Scholl's DreamWalk For Her High Heel Insoles.
- Numb them up. I just discovered a product called Sole Serum. OMG. Why did I not know about this stuff earlier? It's a blend of lidocaine and natural ingredients that works for about two hours and kills the pain. You just rub a couple pumps on your feet and wait for it to dry (about a minute) then you're good to go!
I really hope these tips help you out! Are there any I missed? Would love to hear more if you guys know of any. Please let me know!