I had the chance to meet up with pro makeup artist Emilia of The Artful Eye and she gave me some really sweet tips that I had to share with you guys. Here they are straight from the guru herself:
- Primer is a must have! It really makes your makeup stay put all day, especially right now during these hot summer days. My favorite one is Hourglass Veil Mineral primer. It smooths out pores. It also gives your skin a nice glow, even with a matte foundation.
- A great hack for getting a little more life out of mascara that's drying out: Dampen the applicator brush with water by running it under the faucet in one swift motion (do not soak the brush) and put it back inside, going in and out a few times, and that will loosen up the product.
- Some concealers tend to be dry. To soften and make it more manageable, I like to apply the concealer directly to my face and then place a drop of my liquid foundation on a brush, and blend right on my skin. A beauty blender works great too.
- Foundation can sometimes feel too heavy during summer months. For a lighter, more dewey look, use the top of your hand as your palette and apply your stick foundation directly on your hand. Add a drop or two of primer or moisturizer, blend and apply to your face with a brush. Add a little blush or bronzer and you're set!
- To perfect a cat eye, always remember to tightline, which is to apply a black liner on the inside rim of your upper eyelid. Try it and you'll see what a difference it makes!
- A quick and easy fix for those mascara or liquid eyeliner mess ups: Using a q-tip with a drop of primer, you can erase away any mistake. This trick will not remove your foundation like eye makeup remover does.